We are very fortunate again this year to continue our strong business partnership with various businesses in the Winter Haven community.
Businesses, such as the following, donate funds, materials and/or human resources for the enrichment of our curriculum.
- American Legion
- Arts Ensemble (Jane Waters)
- Brooks Brothers Cleaning Service
- Catholic Charities of Central Florida
- Chick-Fil-A of Winter Haven
- Ci Ci Pizza
- Clean Harbor Environment
- Dial Associates
- Excavation and Paving
- Hill Nissan
- Howell & Thornhill, PA
- Kiwanis Club of Winter Haven
- Landers & Partners (TACO BELL)
- Medina Law Group, PA
- Mid-Florida Federal Credit Union
- Olive Garden Restaurant
- Packing Cooperation of America
- Papa John’s Pizza
- Polk County Sheriff Department (Mentors)
- Publix Super Markets, Inc.
- RACE TRAC (Eagle Lake)
- Rotary Club of Winter Haven
- Tropical Smoothie (Downtown Winter Haven)
- UPS (Cypress Garden)
- Winter Haven Garden Club
Our Title I Program Facilitator, Pamela Ward, serves as our business contact from the school. We had appropriately twenty-seven business people in to speak to our students on the Great American Teach-in Day. We also incorporated special guest speakers throughout the year in various curriculum areas. Our students and business partners evaluated the Great American Teach-In at our school as a successful interaction between the various stakeholders.
We also provide mentors to our fourth and fifth grade students. Mentors eat lunch with students, read or simply talk with students. A well-planned mentoring program provides a positive attitude toward school and their overall environment.