Every Student, Every Day.
We are committed to “paying it forward” on a daily basis by investing in our students so that they will grow into life-long learners who will leave Snively Elementary with a high personal expectation; and understanding that our work ,and their work is never done. All stakeholders will play an important role in realizing this vision.
Snively’s roots stretch back to a one-room schoolhouse built on the shores of Grassy Lake in 1896. For half a century, this little school played an important part in the lives of students in the Lake Eloise area.
In 1948, a new ” Eloise School ” was built on the current site 10 acres donated to the Polk County School Board by John A. Snively. In 1959, after the addition of new classroom wings, the school was renamed in honor of Mr. Snively, a pioneering citrus grower in Polk County .
Throughout its history, Snively Elementary has provided successful learning experiences for its students. In 1991, based on its successful track record, Snively received a very generous RJR Nabisco “Next Century Schools” grant and was honored as a National Exemplary School .
Over the years, the surrounding community has changed from homes and orange groves to major industries and employers like Arr-Maz Products, Phoenix Industries, Fresh Juice Company of Florida and Alterman Trucking, who all work as strong business partners to promote a better school in the community.
One thing hasn’t changed since the first school opened in 1896. Educators, parents, volunteers, and neighbors of Snively Elementary School are still committed to providing the best possible educational opportunities for the students who pass through its doors each day!
Our Butterfly Garden