Head Start is accepting Pre-K applications
Head Start serves 3 and 4 year-old children and their families including children with disabilities. Our goal is to prepare young children and families to succeed in school and in life beyond school. Head Start delivers services in core areas of early learning, health, and family well-being while engaging parents as partners every step of the way.
Please click on the link below, fill out the application and then submit. A member of our team will contact you within 48 hours after the application is submitted.
Click on flyer image for PDF version
Enixa Rodriguez – Family Services Advocate
Zaida Bruno- PreK Para
Kara Crowell- PreK Teacher
Lottie Johnson- PreK Teacher
Yvonne Ingraham- PreK Teacher
Mrs. Sears – Pre-K
Family Services Advocate
Call 863-291-5226 or
Office Hours: Monday-Friday
Quality early childhood programs provide a safe and nurturing environment that promotes the physical, social, emotional, and cognitive development of young children while responding to the needs of their family.
Developmentally appropriate preschool programs make a significant difference in children’s ability to learn, thus we expect the responsibility to provide a program in which:
- Children construct their own knowledge as a result of interaction between the child’s thoughts and experience with materials, ideas, and people.
- Curriculum promotes these areas of a child’s development
- Adults are responsible to the individual needs of the children and parents.
- Children will develop language ability necessary to enable them to master the skills of future education and life experiences.
- The early childhood programs exhibit a coordinated effort for providing quality programs.
- Care is taken to coordinate every early childhood program in order to ensure an overall quality program.
Our Favorite Links
Pre-K Readiness for Polk County Schools: http://www.polk-fl.net/pre-k
Florida Department of Education: http://www.fldoe.org/Default.asp?bhcp=1