Head Start is accepting Pre-K applications
Call 407-906-4081 or
Quality early childhood programs provide a safe and nurturing environment that promotes the physical, social, emotional, and cognitive development of young children while responding to the needs of their family.
Developmentally appropriate preschool programs make a significant difference in children’s ability to learn, thus we expect the responsibility to provide a program in which:
- Children construct their own knowledge as a result of interaction between the child’s thoughts and experience with materials, ideas, and people.
- Curriculum promotes these areas of a child’s development
- Adults are responsible to the individual needs of the children and parents.
- Children will develop language ability necessary to enable them to master the skills of future education and life experiences.
- The early childhood programs exhibit a coordinated effort for providing quality programs.
- Care is taken to coordinate every early childhood program in order to ensure an overall quality program.
Our Favorite Links
Pre-K Readiness for Polk County Schools: http://www.polk-fl.net/pre-k
Florida Department of Education: http://www.fldoe.org/Default.asp?bhcp=1
- 25 min Circle Time
- 60 min Outdoor Play
- 60 min Plan/Do/Review
- 30 min Lunch
- 50 min Literacy/Story Time
- 20 min Music & Movement
- 30 min Small Group